|St Benedict Biscop||08:00||Holy Communion (Common Worship)||An early morning worship, which lasts about 35minutes. A special service booklet leads worshippers through this simple and reflective service, which includes a short address.|
|The Venerable Bede||09:00||Parish Communion||A similar, but more informal service to Parish Communion at St Benedict’s.Holy Communion (Common Worship)|
|St Benedict Biscop||10:30||Parish Communion (Common Worship)||Our main Sunday act of worship with music, a robed choir and servers. Service booklets, which are easy to follow, enable us to use a variety of the seasonal prayers from Common Worship. We use a mixture of traditional and modern hymns.
• Sunday Club for children, up to 12 years old, is available in the Hand in Hand, adjacent to the church. Special service books and activity sheets are available for children who remain in the service.
• Please stay afterwards for a drink to meet other members of our Church Family.
• On Education Sunday, Mothering Sunday and at Harvest our service is a little more informal and focuses on Families.
• Large print copies of our hymn and service booklets are available and a loop system has been installed for those with hearing disabilities.
• Parish Communion last about an hour and a quarter.
|St Benedict Biscop||18:30||Evensong (Book of Common Prayer)||A traditional Service, lasting approximately one hour, with hymns, sermon and prayer and a robed choir on the first Sunday of the month.|
|St Benedict Biscop||19:00||Taizé Prayer||Taizé Prayer
An informal reflective service, using song, silence and meditation, lasting about 45 minutes, on the second Sunday of the month which uses music and prayers from the Taizé Community.